1. Mat & Store Prints to Last
Extend the time your giclée prints maintain
their color vibrancy by using acid and lignen free
mats and storage materials, and techniques that mimimize moisture
and ultra violet (UV) light penetration.
acid & lignen free to materials to minimize print
& Conservation quality mat board, including foam core mat backing;
- Preservation & Conservation Tapes;
- Acid Free Ink for markings;
- Acid & Lignen Free Storage containers if prints are not framed.
moisture damage that causes prints to discolor or buckle:
- Mount print on foam core that is acid & lignen free;
- Make certain the front mat that frames the print is thick enough to
separate the print from the glass or plastic face of the frame in the
event condensation does occur;
- Use proper framing materials and techniques to minimize both moisture
& UV light penetration.